Monday, October 12, 2009

One giant leap...

So my first post seems a little daunting...  I guess I'll start out by saying I'm almost 30 (!) and I would really like to make my body into what it should be.  I've never been athletic or into sports; I could hardly run for 30 seconds a few weeks ago.  Now I can run 2 minutes and 30 seconds before I feel like I want to die- so I'm making progress!  My goal is to run a 5K.  The whole thing.  Eventually.

I am a Registered Dietitian who found myself caught up in the real world and not walking the walk.  Like a bunch of people I was always thin in high school and never had to worry about what I ate; once I started getting older (and busier!) the pounds started creeping on.  Now I'm packin' an extra 35 pounds and it's gotta go!  Thanks to my education I have a solid base and know where to start and what to do.  But that tricky real world likes to creep in so I'm hoping this blog will be an aid in keeping me accountable to myself.

I love healthy living blogs and I've been motivated by many of them.  I have no idea what this blog will look like or how it's going to take shape exactly but I'm excited to get started!  Suggestions welcome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment